Monday, March 4, 2013

Silent Treatment


Luna to Michael:

“Hi sir.
I take it you’re still not talking to me?
I told you I was sorry.
Does it still hurt?
You look kinda sexy with a bruise on your cheek!
Please don’t look at me like that.
So, what can I do to make it up to you?
I know.
I’ll make dinner for a week.
Hey, I’m getting better in the kitchen!
Except for last night.
That was an accident.
Anyway, the fire department sure was quick.
I know.
I’ll wash your car!
I’ll use the proper cleaners this time.
Promise.
Sir, don’t bang your head on the desk like that.
It looks painful.
Do you want me to leave?
Tell you what.
I’ll leave if you’ll just say something to me, anything.
Anything at all.
Pretty please?”

“Luna, promise me you will never pick up a golf club again, EVER.”

“Okay.
 I promise.
Do I have to go now?”

“No but get off the desk, I have work to do.
Luna get out of the curtains.
Just go sit down like a normal person.
With your feet on the floor.
Fold your arms.
Put your tongue back in your mouth.
Perfect.”

“Sir?”

“What, Luna.”

“Can I keep the golf ball?”

“No!”

“Damn.”

No comments:

Post a Comment