Friday, September 14, 2012

The Opera: Intermission


Alex and Luna in the foyer:

“Luna, what are you staring at?”

“That really hot guy over there.”

“Well, knock it off.”

“No. Hey move!”

“No. Luna, get off the floor!”

“No. I can see him from down here and I’m going to stare at him forever.”

“Oh that’s real classy. I hope he can see you staring from between my legs.”

“Oh my god, oh my god, he just saw me!”

“Christ.”

“Oh my god, oh my god. He’s walking this way!”

“Luna, calm down and stand up.”

“Okay!”

“That’s better.”

“Shit! I need to hide.”

“You’re face is all red!”

“No, it’s not.”

“It is too. I know that guy, you want an introduction?”

“No, I don’t not!”

“This ought to be entertaining.”

“Don’t you dare, god dammit! Oh crap.”

“Hey! Calvin, my man! How’s it going?’

“Hey Alex! I’m doing good, nice to see you! This your girlfriend?”

“Oh hell no, this is one of my students, the worst one actually! Luna, say hello to Calvin. Come on, pull your head out of my jacket, this is embarrassing.”

“Um… hi Luna. Wow. She’s pretty shy, Alex.”

“Not shy enough unfortunately. Surely you and everyone else listened in awe when she started to sing along, the end of the first act?

“Wow! That was her? Quite a voice for such a little lady.”

 “Yes, and she almost hit the high note.”

“Almost! …but not for a lack of trying.”

“Unfortunately, no.”

“Well, we all get caught up in the moment sometimes. Don’t be so hard on her. It really doesn’t compare to last year’s first act fiasco, when one of the actors got a little gaseous.”

“Oh god, I remember.”

“…and if that wasn’t bad enough, it caused an audience member to get a case of the giggles, which turned into a loud cackle. She got quite a mouth on her when they asked her to leave. She never did, though.”

“You’ll never guess who that was.” (points to Luna)

“No! Really?”

“Yup.”

“Well okay then, you two. I should go, the orchestra is warming up. It was nice to meet you Luna. Um… you have a beautiful voice and wonderful laugh. I hope we meet again. See you later, Alex. ”

“Bye, Calvin.”

Luna: “Is he gone?”

“Yes, he’s gone. You can come out now.”

“Promise?”

“Yes! Now, get the fuck out of my jacket.”

“Okay then, I’ll come out but… Oh my god, you LIAR!”

“Ouch! Control your purse!”

“Both of you are LIARS!”

Calvin: “Ouch! What the hell have you got in that thing?”

Alex: “Luna, calm down.”

“FUCK YOOOOOOU. Fuck BOTH of you!”

Alex: “Luna hush, seriously! It was just a joke.”

“Fuck you the hardest. I’m leaving!”

“Christ. I should go chase her.”

Calvin: “Good idea! She just ran into the men’s room.”

“Yes, and unfortunately it wasn’t an accident. I’ll see you later.”

“Later! ……Oh, fuck the opera. I’m going to go watch this instead.”

No comments:

Post a Comment