Friday, November 8, 2013

Check Mate

Alex:  “Luna, this game is taking forever. Go, it’s your turn.”

“Fine.”

“That was a weird play.”

“I like to move the horse.”

“I’ve noticed.”

“It’s your turn. You’re holding up the game, sir.”

“Smart ass. Okay, there.”

“My turn!”

“That’s not a legal move, Luna.”

“There?”

“No.”

“What about there?”

“That’ll be just fine. My turn then.”

“Hey, you took my horse! You can’t take my horse, give it back!”

“That’s how the game works, Luna. I thought you knew how to play.”

“Take my stupid queen instead.”

“I don’t…”

“Switch me! I don’t like her and I want her off the damn board.”

“Is that why you’ve got her face down in the corner?”

“Yes. She’s crazy and I must keep her far, far away from the king who I plan to marry.”

“What?”

“Switch me.”

*sigh*

“Thank-you.”

“I think it’s time for lunch.”

“Are you forfeiting?”

“Yes, I guess I am.”

“Yippee, I won! I’m so smart and talented and pretty and wonderful and…”

“Shut up and help me put everything away.”

“Fine.”

“Hey, I saw that.”

“What?”

“You just put the queen in your pocket.”

“Did not!”

“Put it back.”

“Stupid queen, fine. I might have to let you go for now lady but one day, I will find you and strap you down and saw off your little...”

“Put it back!”

“Okay fine! ...here.”

“Thank-you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment