Saturday, October 15, 2011

Luna vs. Alex 2

The next morning, Luna hid in her room so Alex went to check on her. He knocked on the door and told her to answer.

“Fully dressed,” he added, “I am not in the mood for your stupid games.”

Luna complied and opened the door.

“Sleep well?” he asked. Luna shrugged.

“I hope so,” he replied, “you've got a lot to do.”

“Fuck 'em,” she said.

“Excuse me?”

“I said fuck 'em,” she repeated, “Fuck my stupid chores.”

Luna went back into the room and sat at her vanity.

"Watch your language!” he said.

“Fuck you,” she answered.

“You sound like an idiot,” he explained.

“You’re a fucking idiot.”

“Cut it out!”

“Fuck off!” she laughed, “You don't control me.”

Alex got quiet. He was fed up.

He took the lipstick from her hand then pulled the chair out, with her still in it. She tried to run but he manhandled her into the closet. He wedged the chair against the door and lock her in.

“What the fuck!” she yelled, “You can‘t do this to me!” Alex kept calm while Luna threw a lengthy tantrum.
He was impressed by her stamina but refrained from comment. Eventually, his silence worried her.

“You can’t leave me in here!” she shouted.

“I promise,” he said, “as long as you are in the closet I won’t leave the room.” She was a little relieved.

“I’m sorry for swearing at you,” she sung out, “I won’t do it again, promise.” Alex laughed.

“Swear at me if you want,” he said, “but it has consequences.” Luna waited to hear what he meant but again he went silent.

“Sir?"

Alex was looking for an empty bin and found one, her laundry basket. He set it on the bed then started to fill it with her favorite things.

“I’m still here,” he finally let her know.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

He didn't answer. Instead, he took her make-up, then her music. Luna listened and caught on.

“That’s not fair,“ she said.

“I hope you’re not looking for sympathy” he replied. Alex eyed her school bag on the floor. He picked it up. It produced the sound of bottles clinking together. He pulled out her stash of wine then dumped the rest of the bag out onto her bed.

Luna cringed. There was a lot in there he wasn’t going to like. Alex noticed.

He re-opened the closet door but Luna didn’t want to come out anymore. She reached for the knob and pulled the door back shut. Alex smiled.

He took her things and left.

This time with the upper hand.

1 comment: