Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tattoo

Luna walked into Michael’s office. He peered over his glasses. She wandered over and sat on his desk but elected not to face him. It was usually a sign she had done something wrong. He sighed and set down his pen.

“What’d you do.”

“Nothing. I just wanted to ask…”

“Speak up.”

“I just wanted to ask you a question.”

“Ask me face-to-face.”

Luna turned her chin.

“I want a tattoo.”

“That’s not a question.”

“Sir, can I get a…”

“No!”

“But…”

“No!”

“Sir, I…”

“No! God dammit and don’t ask me again!”

“Sir, can I get a tattoo?”

Michael stood. Luna looked down. She didn’t move and listened to him join her, up close.

“No you cannot. Now, did you have another question or are we done here.”

“It would be a small one.”

“Luna.”

“Right back here, on my hip.”

“I’ll have it surgically removed.”

“That’s not very nice.”

“No. It’s not very nice at all but I will and we‘ve had this conversation before.”

“I know.”

“I know you know, so why are we having it again?”

“I don’t know.”

“Me neither, hop down now and leave me alone for a while.”

“Okay.”

“I have work to do.”

“I know.”

“Put the idea of getting a tattoo out of your head.”

“Okay.”

Luna went to jump down but Michael put his hand on her chest.

“Listen. The reason I don’t want you to get a tattoo is because you’re beautiful. Okay? There’s no way I’d let anyone draw on you.”

Luna nodded. Just then Michael noticed the chain around her neck.

“Where did that come from?”

“I found it.”

“You found it?”

“Yes, I found it.”

“That’s an expensive chain Luna. It’s a man’s chain. I don’t like it. Take it off.”

Luna did as she was told and Michael took the chain.

“Hey, why can’t I keep it?”

“Because it belongs to Asa, doesn‘t it.”

“No it doesn’t! I mean maybe it does, I guess. I don’t think I would know sir, because I found it… sir.”

“Do yourself a favor and be quiet, sweetheart.”

“Please let me keep it?”

“Absolutely not! Now go.”

“But…”

“Go!”

“Fine.”

“…and Luna one more thing.”

“Yes sir?”

“The chain around your neck, is mine. You hear me?”

No comments:

Post a Comment