Saturday, May 5, 2012

Rocks II


Luna hid in her room. Michael wanted to talk. His voice was loud and carried well, she didn’t dare ignore him.

“Come downstairs, Luna! Someone’s here to see you, it’s Alex.”

“Um gosh, I’m busy.”

“Get your ass down here, I want to talk to both of you before I leave.”

“Fine! I’m coming, I’m coming… hello Alex.”

“Hello Luna.”

“Listen you two, I invited the new librarian over for drinks tomorrow and I want both of you here. And Luna before you throw a tantrum, your privileges for the upcoming year are dependent on how adult you can act for an hour. Okay? So don’t blow it. Any questions? Either of you? Perfect. Luna, I’ll see you later.”

“Bye sir.”

*door slam*

“Luna?”

“What Alex?”

“Sit down.”

“I’m not a dog.”

“SIT!”

“Okay fine!”

“What the hell were you thinking earlier? And how dare you talk to me like that?”

“Sorry okay? I might have over-reacted.”

“You think?”

“Sorry but seriously, I don’t like girls.”

“I get that, but it’s still no excuse. What the hell is going to happen tomorrow? I’m pretty sure you can’t behave for an hour.”

“I know! You got to help me get out of this.”

“Not a chance. Why can’t you just leave the poor lady alone?”

“I’ll leave her alone, if you do.”

“You’re going to cause a scene no matter what, aren‘t you?”

“Probably.”

“Wipe that grin off your face.”

“Sorry.”

“You know what? You have too much free time on your hands, and I don’t want you scheming between now and then, so write a fifty page report and hand it in to me in the morning. You pick the subject.”

“Hey! I said I was sorry.”

“I heard you.”

“Fine but d you really want me to pick the subject?”

“I dare you to be a smart ass, Luna. I dare you.”

“Done. Fifty pages will be written and on your desk in the morning, along with my naked tushy.”

“Luna… *sigh* …never mind.”

“I better go start writing.”

“Good idea, and say you’re sorry again.”

“I’m sorry again already, sheesh.”

“That was sincere. I’ll see you in the morning, Luna.”

“Yay, I can’t wait until tomorrow.”

“Shit. Neither can I.”

No comments:

Post a Comment