Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Joyride

Alex: “Luna, where have you been?”

“Nowhere.”

“Why is your purse wet?”

“I’m not sure!”

“Where are the keys to my car?”

“I don’t know.”

“Why does your hair look like you’ve been out for a joyride?”

“It does?”

“I spent the afternoon listening to the police scanner, Luna.”

“Oh really?”

“Someone kept them awfully busy and for quite some time.”

“Huh, weird. So did they catch the guy?”

“No Luna, it would appear that they did not.”

“Bummer. Sounds entertaining!”

“Oh, it was.”

“What an apple? So, exactly what kind of mischief did this person cause?”

“Well for starters, she held up a fruit stand with a leaky squirt-gun and no, I do not want an apple.”

“She?”

“Yes, she. They weren’t fooled by the fake mustache.”

“Hahaha! Funny.”

“Hand over my keys.”

“I told you already, I don’t have them.”

“What the hell where you thinking, when you come to a complete stop on the freeway?”

“I had to let out that homeless guy.”

“Luna.”

“He said something about getting car sick.”

“From doing donuts in the park, perhaps?”

“It wasn’t me.”

“It was you.”

“I was just teasing sir, I would never take your car out for a joyride, ever.”

“There’s a bug stuck to your forehead.”

“Ew! There is not.”

“That’s what happens when you stick your head out of a fast moving car.”

“I just wanted to tell that dick in front of me to move it.”

“Luna.”

“It wasn’t me.”

“You have another bug stuck on your cheek.”

“Gross! You’re just trying to make me confess.”

 “Smile, I bet there’s a few in your teeth.”

“Ew!”

“Sure enough, there they are.”

“EW EW EW! I need a mirror.”

“Get back here. You’re not going anywhere until I get my keys.”

“Let go!”

“Keys.”

“But I already told you I didn’t…”

“Keys.”

“Dammit! Fine. Here are your stupid keys. Now let go.”

“Not a chance.”

“Hey! That’s not fair.”

“I can’t believe you managed to elude the police, Luna. What the hell did you do with the plates to my car?”

“I put them on Asa’s car, why?”

“My car was reported stolen.”

“Uh-oh.”


“Go wash your face Luna, I’m going to listen to the scanner some more.”

No comments:

Post a Comment