Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Rat


“Jordon, what are you doing in my room?”

“Oh hi Luna, I’m just making sure everything is safe.”

“It looks like you are going through all my stuff.”

“Well I am. I’m looking for anything suspicious.”

“You don’t have to read my stuff. Give me that back!”

“Oh right, sorry. Here’s your report card. That’s kind of funny, Luna.”

“No it’s not! I’ve been getting into a lot of trouble lately.”

“Because you can’t sleep?”

“Yes. How did you know?”

“I know a lot of things.”

“It makes me tired all day long.”

“I’m really sorry about that.”

“Why would you be sorry?”

“Oh, no reason.”

“So, do you hear noises inside your room?”

“Yes. Those are the creepiest.”

“Maybe you just have a rat in your room.”

“I suppose.”

“You like rats, don’t you?”

“Yes.”

“Okay Luna, so if you hear noises again just pretend it’s your friend, the rat. Then you can go back to sleep and not worry.”

“I could try that, I guess. You’ll always be outside the door, right?”

“Always.”

“Okay then. I’ll try not to worry so much.”

“Good. You’re pretty when you sleep.”

“What?”

“I said it’s a pity when you can’t sleep.”

“Oh. Yes it is. Can you get out of my room now?”

“Sure. I’ll finish here later.”

“Thank-you.”

“You’re welcome Luna and remember now, it’s probably just a rat. Don’t be scared of the rat, Luna. The rat is your friend.”

No comments:

Post a Comment