Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Calm


“You’re on time today,” Alex noted. “It’s a miracle.”

Luna took a seat.

“Where’s your assignment?” he asked.

She handed it over. Alex made sure it was legit then set it down.

“I’m not happy you got kicked out of the library yesterday,” he said. “And they want their book back, the one you stole.”

“It was an accident,” she said and put it on the table. Alex picked it up.

“The Crucible,” he read. “How apropos.”

He looked at Luna and she stared back. His eyes were hypnotic, blue and sexy as hell. She loved his time worn features and his... 

“Pay attention,” he snapped. “I know you spent the night with Asa and I’m very disappointed.”

“Hey, don’t get mad at me,” she replied. “It was totally his idea.”

“Sorry, I don’t believe you.”

“Nothing happened, okay?” she reassured him. “He’s mad at me, just like you are.”

“I’m not mad at you, entirely. I think the term I used was, disappointed.”

“I need a break from this stupid place.” Luna said and opened a nearby window. The sun was out but the breeze was cold. She pretended not to notice.

“Hey, you can see the beach from here! Take me to the beach, please?  Pretty, pretty please?”

“Sweetheart, I wish I could,” Alex said. “It sounds nice but there’s a storm coming in, arriving late tonight and it’s already gotten cold.”

Luna sat and grumbled.

“Close the window and get over here,” he said. “Time for you to study.”

Luna took a seat and opened her book. She took forever to find a pencil. She pretended to read but struggled to think about anything related to school.

Alex could tell so he prodded her, “What’s distracting you, now?”

“It’s Asa,” she admitted. “He is such an ass, sometimes.”

“I’ve been telling you that for years,” Alex said and leaned forward. “Luna? What would I have to do to get you to forget about that prick for a while?”

Luna giggled then Alex did it… he kissed her. He kissed her long and hard. She whimpered and dropped her pencil. 

“Do I have your attention now?” he asked.

All Luna could do was smile.

Alex teased her the rest of the day but kept it fairly clean. She did her best to make him happy. When it was time go he kissed her again. 

It shouldn’t have spilled out into the hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment