Friday, March 7, 2014

Ties That Bind


Luna sat on the edge of Michael’s bed while he packed for another business trip. She fondled his shirts and sorted his ties. All the while he watched and wondered what kind of trouble she would get into this week.

“What do you plan to do while I’m gone?” he asked.

“I want to go to the beach,” she replied.

“Wait til I get back and I’ll take you.”

“No you won’t. You’ve promised me before.”

Michael stopped packing.

“You listen here, young lady! I’m a busy man and you need to respect that.”  

He continued to lecture her from the closet but Luna wasn’t listening. She stole a tie from his suitcase. He returned with the last of his things and tugged on the back of her hair.

“Did you hear me? I said stay out of trouble and we’ll go when I get back.”

Luna hopped off the bed and grumbled all the way to the door.

“I hate it when you leave!” she announced before slamming it shut.


“I know you do,” he replied to no one, then packed another tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment