Saturday, April 5, 2014

Firestarter


Alex: 

“Luna, are you smoking a cigarette?”

“No!”

“Give me that.”

“Hey!”

“How many times do I have to tell you, that is disgusting and I won’t stand for it. You hear me?”

“Okay, okay! But it doesn’t mean you have to turn into an asshole.”

“No lip from you. I’m serious. Are there anymore in your purse?”

“No, give that back!”

“Dear god, I always regret having to look in here.”

“Then maybe you shouldn’t.”

“Look what I found! A pack of cigarettes, imagine that.”

“Great. You found my smokes now give me back my purse.”

“Hold on. I’ll take this lighter off your hands, too. What else is in here…”

“You can’t just go through my stuff!”

“Settle down, little lady. It’s your own fault for lighting up.”

*groan*

“What’s this? A meticulously folded up piece of paper, interesting.”

“Don’t unfold that.”

“But there appears to be writing inside.”

“It’s private, sir!”

“All the more reason for me to pry.”

“I can’t watch.”

“It says… I heart Alex. I heart Alex? What exactly does that mean Luna, I heart Alex.”

*grumble*

“I can’t understand a thing you say when you disappear down your own sweater.”

“Leave me alone.”

“Okay, come on. I’ll stop teasing you. Sit up straight and look at me. Come on, come on. That’s better. I heart you too, sweetheart but don’t you think we should burn this before anyone else sees it?”

“Fine, I’ll do it. Give me my lighter back.”

“Fair enough.”

“I hate it when you go through my purse.”

“Don’t light it on the table, Luna. Here, I'll take that. I’ve changed my mind. I want to keep it now.”

“No, you can’t keep it! Let me burn it. It’s totally stupid and this entire situation has me completely mortified.”

“Mortified?”

“Mortified.”

“Oh dear. Well, that’s no good but I’m still going to keep it.”

*groan*

“Luna?”

“What.”

“Put out that cigarette.”

No comments:

Post a Comment